Review: The Highlander's Choice by Callie Hutton

Lady Sybil Lacey is every inch an English woman. She's horrified her best friend is wedding a barbarian Scot. For aren't Scots naught but brutish, whiskey-swilling lechers? So to find herself
secretly attracted to the tall and devastatingly handsome Scottish laird of Bedlay Castle is quite disconcerting...

Liam MacBride is convinced that English ladies are silly sassenachs who think of nothing but social events and clothes. So why is he intensely drawn to Lady Sybil? All they do is quarrel... until loathing turns into undeniable lust.

A tempestuous, fiery romance between an English lady and a Scottish laird cannot end well.

Review
A quick, enjoyable read. I have a real soft spot for Scotland (and for Scottish men), so I was sold from the moment I read the blurb. I really loved Liam, and although it's set in a different era I couldn't help but picture Sam Heughan, aka Jamie Fraser from Outlander. I suspect that this was written with that particular fan base in mind. There's real chemistry between Sybil and Liam from the start, and the battle of wills between Sybil and her future mother-in-law made for interesting reading. However I wasn't keen on the way things ended - it felt more like a shotgun wedding to me despite their being a love match. That said it is well written and brought a smile to my face, and I'm looking forward to the next book in the series, which tells the story of Sybil's twin sister Sarah!

*I was granted a free copy of this book by Entangled Publishing in exchange for a review!*

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: One Summer in Tuscany by Domenica De Rosa

Feature and Follow Friday: Featured Blogger!

Top Ten "Gateway" Books/Authors In My Reading Journey