Book A Day 30: The Book I'd Save From a Fire

When asked what I would save from a fire, family and pets excluded, my choices are always sentimental ones. The cardboard box in our spare room full of old photos would be my first port of call; taken in the pre-digital age each photograph is a memory from my childhood. It's things like that that are irreplaceable that I couldn't bear to lose. With this in mind this category was an easy one for me. The book that I would save from a fire is Hans Anderson's Fairy Stories - with Pictures that Spring to Life. I had no idea how old it was - I'd always assumed it was my mum's when she was little- but a quick Google search tells me it's at least seventy years old! Must've passed through a fair few generations! Complete with pop-up pages and illustrations that have been coloured in with wax crayons by one of its readers, it is a book that is incredibly special to me. Some of the pop-up pages are a little torn, but given how old the book is and how many times it has been read I'm amazed they still work at all. It may not be worth much but it's invaluable to me.





Which of your books would you save from a fire? Join in the #bookaday conversation over on Twitter, and check out my other choices here!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: One Summer in Tuscany by Domenica De Rosa

Feature and Follow Friday: Featured Blogger!

Review: The Wardrobe Mistress by Natalie Meg Evans